Sunday, June 5, 2011

Progress Report....

Tomorrow, it will be 3 weeks since I had the surgery that changed my life.  I have passed the liquid stage thankfully.  For me, that was the worst part of all this surgery.  I tried doing too much too quickly and my port site quickly slowed me right back down.  There is nothing like feeling a pain in your side that feels like a hot knife stabbing you to slow you back down.  This past Wednesday, I went back to my surgeon and he was pleased with my progress.  I will go back in on June 29 to be evaluated to see if I need my first fill.  I am hoping that I do get one.  I am getting hungry again within a couple hours of eating and my weight loss has slowed to a crawl.  Yesterday, I started walking on the treadmill and doing weights again.  Today, I walked on the treadmill this morning and then walked my dog around town this afternoon.  I am hoping that the exercise boost will start the weight loss back up.  I also started getting b12 shots in order to boost my energy that the new way of eating is sapping from me.  I highly recommend that anyone on a weight loss journey of any kind keep a food diary.  You will be surprised at how quickly calories can add up in a given day.  For those of you who read this and are just starting this journey, remember, the first few weeks after the surgery are not about losing weight anyway.  They are about allowing your body to heal.  Make sure to get in the 64 ozs of fluids each day and 60 to 90 grams of protein.  I have found that if I keep a water bottle with me all the time to sip on, i surpass the 64 ozs of fluids easily.   I have been asked if I would do this all over again and, at this point, I can definitely say I would.  Due to a side effect I have encountered from the new way of eating, I will be having another surgery in the coming weeks.  This is not something that everyone would encounter and I'm thankful that I am going to get this problem dealt with now.  I have dealt with it for years.  I so appreciate all the prayers and kind words and thoughts....all the support from LBT....God bless each and every one of you!!!!!!


MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment